This Policy was last amended on 11/01/13. We may update this Policy from time to time, so we invite you to review this page periodically. When we make changes, we may send an e-mail to you or notify you the next time you log-in, and we will post the updated Policy on this web page. All changes will go into effect on the date that is listed in our Policy. The new Policy will apply to all past and current users of SweetFudge.com and will replace any prior Policies. By using this website, you consent to the terms of this Policy.
Note: You must be 18 years or older to register as a Member or use SweetFudge.com.
1. WHAT INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect the following information about you in various ways, including when you register an account, enroll in a Fan Club, make purchases, and when you visit our website or social media sites:
If you choose to become a Member, we collect your name, address, phone number, email address, username, password, and birth date. We also collect the names, addresses, and phone numbers of those persons whom you add to your personal address book as a Member.
If you shop with us via SweetFudge.com, we collect the following information about you: name, address, phone number, email address, billing information including credit card number and expiration date as well as the names, addresses and phone numbers of gift recipients (if any). We use your name, address, phone number, billing information/credit card information to process your order or as otherwise described in this Policy.
If you visit our Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or other social media pages, we may collect information you submit or make publicly available.
We also collect any information you submit to us when you participate in our promotions, contests, and sweepstakes.
We also collect information automatically using technology when you visit our website or social media pages or when you open one of our e-mails.
2. HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We use the information you supply for the purpose of providing the services you have requested and as described in this Policy. The email address you provide is used for internal purposes, such as confirming and tracking your order. In addition, How Sweet It Is Inc. may contact you via email or regular mail to keep you up-to-date on the latest SweetFudge.com news or to send you our latest catalog.
Also, we will not rent, share, sell or exchange your email or postal address with third parties, who may contact you regarding their products or services that we think may be of interest to you. However, gift recipients may, from time to time, receive our latest catalog as well as offers from us regarding new products and services that we think may be of interest to them.
In the event of a merger, consolidation or sale or transfer of our company or its assets, it is possible that User information collected will be transferred to the purchaser or the new company.
5. MARKET RESEARCH
From time to time, How Sweet It Is Inc. may also contact you via email, postal mail, text message, or phone to conduct questionnaires and surveys. Survey information is treated like all of the information we collect.
6. ACCESS TO & CHOICES ABOUT YOUR INFORMATION
You may choose to: (1) stop receiving promotional materials by mail, phone, or email; (2) update or correct your personal information; and (3) cancel your Fan Club Membership; or (4) disable your account. To carry out any of these choices:
• A Member can access, review and/or correct all of their personally identifiable information that was provided to us online by logging into their Account and accessing the My Profile section.
• If a Member wishes to have their account disabled, the Member can send an email with this request to Customer Service@sweetfudge.com Please include your name, the email address associated with the account and the following message: “I would like to disable my SweetFudge.com website account.”
• You may unsubscribe from marketing emails from us by CustomerService@sweetfudge.com Please include your name, the email address associated with the account and the following message: “I would no longer like to receive marketing emails from SweetFudge.com website
• You may unsubscribe from our mail order catalog or other How Sweet It Is Inc. mailings to your postal address by visiting CustomerService@sweetfudge.com Please include your name, the email address associated with the account and the following message: “I would no longer like to receive postal materials from SweetFudge.com website. Please note that removal from our postal lists may take up to 6 to 8 weeks to be effective.
• You may send us an email at CustomerService@sweetfudge.com or write to us at How Sweet It Is Fudge & Candy Company, 1778 Holloway Drive, Suite B, Holt, Michigan 48842. Please include your current contact information, the information you are interested in accessing, and your requested changes. We will make the changes you request or provide an explanation of what actions we will be able to make in response to your request.
7. YOUR CALIFORNIA/RHODE ISLAND PRIVACY RIGHTS
How Sweet It Is Inc. may disclose your personal information to third parties for their use in marketing to you unless you tell us not to. In order to opt out of our third party mailings, please email us at CustomerService@sweetfudge.com or write to us at How Sweet It Is Fudge & Candy Company, 1778 Holloway Drive, Suite B, Holt, Michigan 48842.
8. LIVE CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANCE
How Sweet It Is Inc. offers Users live customer service assistance. Information you provide during a call may be used to assist with your inquiry, as well as for any purpose permitted under the Policy. Calls may be recorded for quality assurance and training purposes.
9. THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS
How Sweet It Is Inc. sometimes employs other companies and individuals to perform services for us. For example, we hire agencies to help administer consumer promotions, to analyze data, to fulfill orders you place, and to provide customer service. We may share your personally identifiable information with these parties, who have agreed to hold this information in confidence, not use it for any purpose except to carry out the requested service, and honor How Sweet It Is Inc. privacy and security policies in the way this information is handled.
How Sweet It Is Inc. takes your privacy and security seriously. For this reason we work to establish technical, administrative, and physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access or use of personal information. We cannot, however, guarantee the security of any information you send to us and you do so at your own risk.
Members are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their password and account. Members are responsible for activities that occur under their account and should immediately notify How Sweet It Is Inc of any unauthorized use of their account.
11. OTHER SITES
This website may contain links to websites operated by other companies. How Sweet It Is Inc. is not responsible for the policies and practices of those third party sites. You should check the applicable privacy policies of the other sites you visit.
12. CONTACTING HOW SWEET IT IS INC.
If you have any questions about our Policy, you can e-mail us at, please email us at CustomerService@sweetfudge.com or write to us at How Sweet It Is Fudge & Candy Company, 1778 Holloway Drive, Suite B, Holt, Michigan 48842.
We'll be happy to answer your questions or hear your concerns.